Pages

4.05.2013

Back & Feeling Better Than Ever!


I'm back, I haven't had any desire to blog and have felt too busy to sit down and write. Well maybe there was too much to write about and I didn't know where to start. I'm going to try and catch up with home updates and family updates but first thing is first. You can't have a happy healthy home and family with out being healthy and happy yourself, right? Right. 

“Arriving at one goal is the starting point of another.”

Every year I have the same resolution, I’m going to get fit and be healthy this year, this is my year. And of course, I always slipped back into my bad habits.

I finally woke up. I was tired of wondering how I would look and feel had I stuck to eating right and exercising. I decided enough was enough and I was going to do it. No more wondering where I’d be at now had I just stuck to the plan. It takes time to transform physically and mentally (man it’s been a HUGE mental battle for me personally).

down 11 lbs and bloat I'm sure


I've stuck to it. I made no more excuses, packed my gym bag every day, looked at it and knew I’d have to go since it was already there. I got used to changing at lunch (which was an excuse before, I wouldn’t want to change in the middle of the day haha) and enjoying that warm uninterrupted shower after a good sweat. After a while it became a habit.

I think about this everyday, and it's true!
I'm now getting comments from strangers on the weight loss they see!

I started C25K (Couch to 5K) and that kept me going. It was kind of a personal game for me just trying to get to the next level. I’ve NEVER been a runner. Ask one of my best friends Val, she had me tryout for cross country in high school and I think I only made it a week, if that. Hah! I’ve now completed c25k and I’m continuing the program for a 10k. My first 5k is in August for my birthday…unless I get a bug to sign up for another one sooner. But I’m hoping by then I will be able to do the 5k painlessly.

I also challenged myself to a 30 day squat challenge (pic below), I made it to day 27. I pulled my hamstring and decided to stop there so I wouldn't ruin my running...I do see a big difference though since day one, sorry, not posting pics of my butt lol. I would admit I am kind of addicted to squats now. 

source

I have 6 days left to my 30 day liver detox….details on that to follow. And I'm restarting Turbo Fire. I’m on a roll and I don’t plan on stopping now. I’m not too tired to play with the girls and I feel the side effects after eating unhealthy. Let's kick it into high gear! 

Please join me on my journey, cause it’s a journey, nothing is overnight. Well unless you have the big bucks for lipo ;). 




post signature

2 comments:

Ana Carneiro said...

Congratulations! Despite not having much weight to loose I always have that same resolution but only stick to it during the warmer months, so this is definitely inspiring! Keep it up!

My Own Project

Anonymous said...

These contemporаrу fitness devices arе
worn about the waist, positіoned suitable around the abs and then employing
what is identified as electгonіс muscle stimulаtіon.


My homepage :: continued

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...