Pages

11.18.2011

Despicable Me (THREE) Party: Part 1

      As soon as we saw Despicable Me we were all obsessed. I’m not kidding you! Vic, Vayda and I were all quoting the movie…all the time. It’s become a favorite in the Arreguin household. So if you haven’t seen it, what in the world are you waiting for? You will thank me later :). I was surfing the web and decided that is it, Vayda’s third birthday had to be Despicable Me theme….or better yet, Despicable THREE!
Roarring of course ;) Here's our big 3 year old all dressed up in her "recital" outfit,
just like the girls in Despicable Me.


Invitations:
Here is the final invite I came up with, the original idea was from Plucky Momo, I just added my own little twist.

Party Bags: **blog post for party bags here***
I know there are the official Despicable Me party bags out there but for a ridiculous price and for that matter I only found them on Amazon and Ebay! Since there isn’t very much D3 (Despicable Me) Party items out there I decided to come up with my own party bags. It did take a lot of man hours but I was happy with the way they turned out. I do realize that kids really don’t even care about what their candy comes in as long as it’s there, but come on how could I resist! I had to mentally prepare myself to see them on the ground, torn, trashed and in the garbage…but they set the theme and I was ok with the bag massacres.


To make the minion bags I bought yellow lunch baggies & blue heavyweight paper. I drew out a quick overall pattern to cut out for all of the bags and used the blue paper for those. I found a clear picture of the minion goggles and printed them on white cardstock. Cut those out and glued to the bag as well. With a black sharpie I drew on the minion’s side smirk and free hand a overall pocket and dots for the buttons. Like I said, these did take time but they were fun to make and it seemed like people got a kick out of them, so I would say success :).
 
party bags in use =]


Minion/Unicorn Cupcakes:
While doing my party planning research I saw a lot of these adorable minion cupcakes all over the web. So of course we had to try them out!



For the Minions on the cupcakes My Mother-in-law and I halved each twinkie, used black frosting for the goggles and the mouth and edible googlie eyes I found at Michaels. I had the intentions to use brown sprinkles for the hair but ran out of time =\. I think if I wasn't rushing at the park while doing this they would have turned out better, but in the end I think they get the point across, right?




A friend of mine was so amazing and made all of the cupcakes for the party including the “fluffy” unicorn cupcake cake you see above. She really did the hard/time consuming part for me (there was no way they would have been done if it weren’t for her), Thanks again Melissa!

Singing Happy Bday to Vayda! Check out the minions...trying to beat the heat haha

There is much more to come on the D3 party. Keep an eye out for Part 2. Here's a little teaser:








Linking up to:




Tip Junkie handmade projects

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok... So I too am like OBSESSED with despicable me! I would love more details on the bags please!!! Thanks!

Libby A. said...

Same here! For the bags, it was actually super simple...just tedious lol. I can email you a quick pattern if you'd like? Let me know :)

Anonymous said...

Please email me the pattern!! The1youlovetohate@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

hi! pls..pls..can you email me the pattern for the bags.. im planning a minion party for my son:) thanks much!! boxtype20@yahoo.com :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, im planning a minions party for my boys. please email me the pattern...thanks!!madrigalangelita@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi! I would love the minion party bags pattern as well. Thank you so much, so glad I found your blog!
Ndelarosa@me.com

Unknown said...

Hi! So glad I found your blog! Could you send me the minion bag pattern? Thank you so much!
Ndelarosa@me.com

-Natalia

Unknown said...

Hi! I would love the minion party bags pattern as well. Thank you so much, so glad I found your blog!
Ndelarosa@me.com

Anonymous said...

Love this theme! And you're right, there isn't much out there for it. My son is about to turn one and that's his theme! Just the minions though, he could care less about Gru (which is my favorite). I'm making minion everything! I'm using the formula cans as center pieces, I turned them into minions ans his baby food jars I free handed some minions and filled them with lemon heads! I am having so much fun making everything! I love these bags, thank you for the idea :)
-Indy

Anonymous said...

My email is indhira11204@Yahoo.com in case anyone needs pictures of what I made :)

Libby A. said...

I apologize from the bottom of my heart, ladies.

I haven't had the time to sit down and make a template for these bags. :( I feel horrible. Honestly all I did was hold the paper up to the bag, trace a line to cut the paper to the bag and drew the curved lines for the overalls. I will still try to make a template but I apologize for the late response!

nikki305 said...

this is sooooo awesome i turn 24 jan 6 and i do not care im having me a minion themed bday! thank u for the ideas!

Unknown said...

Hi I loved this! :D I was wondering if you could please send me the pattern my son's birthday is in 3 weeks! :o im soooooooooooooooooooooooo stressed out & this will help me out a lot thank you :) my email is april2ndantiques@gmail.com :)

verospinkworld said...

Hi can you please email me the pattern to the minion bags & the link for the goggles? Thank you ruizvs@gmail.com

verospinkworld said...

Hi can you please send me the link to the goggles for the goody bags. ruizvs@gmail.com

verospinkworld said...

Hi can you please email me the pattern to the minion bags & the link for the goggles? Thank you ruizvs@gmail.com

Luvmybabies said...

Like your ideas. Can u please share the pattern for the party bags. wendyayala361@yahoo.com Thanks!

Luvmybabies said...

Can u please send me the party bag pattern. Luv ur idea. Thanks! wendyayala361@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, just wondering if the template is still available?

Rob said...

Hi, great idea! just wondering if the template is still available?

Rob

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...