Pages

11.21.2011

Despicable Me (THREE) Party: Part 2

Minion piñatas are hard to come by, therefore I thought, make my own! It can’t be that hard, right? It’s not that it’s hard at all actually…but I think I bit off a little more than I can chew. I decided to  make it a HUGE minion haha. In the end I think it all turned out great, but man was that little (big) guy tedious to make. The finished product took 5 days, patience (I was already in too deep to give up) and 5 lovely volunteers help to get this finished in time. In time that is, to get smashed into pieces. Just like the party bags in part 1, I prepared myself haha.  

I found the large punch balloons and roll of brown, almost butcher paper, at the dollar tree and used all of our weekly adds for the pinata (maybe someday I will be better at actually using the weekly adds =\). I didn't get a picture of my helpers that stopped in throughout the week to add a layer to the pinata because well, our hands were a mess but I couldn't have done it without them! I actually didn't get pictures of a lot of the process, sorry about that. For the paste we used 1/2 four, 1/2 water and a dash of sugar to make it a little bit sticky. After each layer we had to hang "Stuart" on a hanger in the shower, otherwise he would have flopped overnight (next time I'm going to use a sturdier paper to contect the two).

Once Stuart was finished with the coats of paper mache (5 to be exact) I cut a square flap open, which will also be used to fill the pinata later, poped the balloons and poked a hole in the top for the hanger (found the tutorial here).

Now for the decorating! My wonderful Mother-in-law came by to help fill the party bags, asked if there was anything else to do and with a big smile I asked her to help me cut the streamers, it worked! As she cut the frays in the streamers I was attaching them. Yellow for his body and blue for the overalls. I already had Stuarts eye printed and cut out on cardstock and I drew and cut my own mouth. I glued those both on and finally finished! I think it was 12:30pm the day before the the party that Stuart was completly done.


Stuart in all his glory


The Bday Girl making sure he's on there nice and tight!


Giving Papa the thumbs up, it's time.


And there she goes, That smile enjoying the pinata is all worth it!
Check it out, Stuart's head doubled as a hat for Vay's Tio Cereal, Bonus!

 Stick around for Part 3, the finishing touches.


linking to:

The Southern Institute








5 comments:

Crafty Mischief said...

This is awesome! I found you through Skip to My Lou. Thanks for sharing! i am so pinning this!

Libby A. said...

Thanks stopping by and for pinning =]

Girls Love Fried Pickles said...

Thank you for following me. I followed you back. I look forward to getting to know you. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Libby A. said...

thanks so much! you too! =]

Noble Baby said...

Thank you for sharing this pinata making. I learn and alot and manage to make one for my girl too.! Thanks dear. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...