Pages

8.18.2011

A World of Her Own

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?” – Alice in Wonderland

Vayda was sitting at the kitchen table and I was putting on her socks and shoes. This is how my Wednesday morning began:

Vayda: Momma, I have something for you!
Me: What is it Vay?
*She pretended to hand me something.
Vayda: Look, into the mirror.
Me: What’s in the mirror?
*I’m still waiting for my coffee to kick in so it took me a second…and then it clicked.
Me: Oh no! It’s my papa! He’s sick, I have to go…he may be dying?!
Vayda: Yes you can go.
*then she did a lap around the kitchen pretending to run to her papa.

Haha yes, we act out Beauty and the Beast in the morning!

Later that same morning when I was dropping her off at Nana’s I gave her the same speech I do every day, the “PLEASE go peepee and poopoo in the potty” speech. As soon as I finished she ran off to the potty and said she had to go peepee. I quickly said bye to Tula so she could go help Vayda out and so I could get off to work. As I turned around in the cul-de-sac and glanced back at the house I saw Vayda standing outside yelling something. I stopped, rolled down my window and heard her yell (mind you, across the street) “I went peepee in the potty momma! Have a good day, say hi to Maleficent!”. Hahaha. I yelled back "Yaaay, great job baby!". Those lucky neighbors got a great wakeup call!

Never a dull moment with my VaydaCakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea Vayda!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...