Pages

3.24.2011

Drop Cloth Curtains~


My take on some fabulous yet O-SO-SIMPLE drop cloth curtains.

I saw the tutorial for the curtains first on the blog, A Soft Place to Land. I have been wanting curtains in the girls’ room for quite a while now. The window is right next to the patio and walkway so there is a lot of foot traffic throughout the day and night. Not only a lot of noise comes from the outside but there is a little draft as well. Being determined with this next little bundle of joy on the way (determined that she sleeps in her crib from the get go) I thought I would give these curtains a try. So far I love them!

(Excuse the mess...their room is under construction)

I bought 2 canvas drop cloths at Home Depot. Washed the drop clothes and ironed them using starch (I don't have the patience w/o that little bit of help).

I was actually looking for that right type of trim to just hit me, finally I found this really cute white trim...perfect and simple for a little girls room, right?

Next step is to use heat & bond tape...I ironed the trim to the inside edge of the drop cloths. This took a little longer than I thought it would, but it was worth the little time spent.


Once the trim is ironed on you can fold the canvas at any length you please, use ring clips (I found these at a hobby store) and clip them...so simple right?!



The bookshelf is one of my next projects...


xOXoxo,

Libbs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...